Journey to Remember Program
Walking into the doctor’s office joyfully pregnant and then walking out with your dreams stripped away after receiving a fatal prenatal diagnosis is frightening beyond words. We are deeply sorry if this has been your experience. However, this tragic information does not signify that your baby’s life means any less. The steps that follow your diagnosis can drastically affect the rest of your life. We strongly recommend that you speak with a medical professional to review your diagnosis and options so that you can make the choice that is right for you and your baby.
We understand that every pregnancy and diagnosis is unique. We have resources that will support you in finding out more information on what your diagnosis means as well as helping you to make informed decisions regarding you and your baby. Please know that you are not alone. We are here to walk with you and support you on your journey.
Journey to Remember, a perinatal comfort care program, was created to provide a safe and nurturing environment for families who wish to carry to term despite a life-limiting or fatal diagnosis. We provide the following at no cost to our families:
• Sensitive care facilitated by a labor and delivery nurse trained in bereavement with personal experience in perinatal loss
• Educational, cultural, emotional, and anticipatory grief support
• A coordinator that serves as a liaison between medical professionals involved in your care
• Keepsakes and assistance with the collection and preservation of memory items
• Suggestions in creating a birth plan that expresses your wishes
• Individualized and private child birth classes
• Support for your extended family – including, but not limited to, siblings and grandparents
• Assistance of a parent partner who has previously walked the same journey
• Attending the delivery and serving as a family advocate, by request
• Information for advanced funeral or memorial planning
• Referrals to community resources
• Follow up bereavement support for the years to come
We want to walk with you as you embrace your journey, enabling you to parent through love instead of fear, discovering how to honor and celebrate your baby, giving you the freedom to grieve, all while experiencing joy amongst the pain.
If you or someone you know could benefit from our the Journey to Remember program, please contact us at 714-509-0065 or email@example.com.
Thank you to program sponsors:
Threads of Love, Angel Gown Project of California, Teeny Tears Bereavement Diapers, Blankets for Brianna, The Hemry Family, Baby’s 1st Photos, Baby Bump Studios, Veronica Guzman, Stephanie Joy Photography, Mystic Lake Photography, Nicole Mackey and Before the Stork 4D Ultrasound.
I just want to thank you so much for all your compassion and support. My family loved meeting you tonight and we are so grateful for all the time and emotional support you gave us. It brought so much comfort to us. Thank you for offering this much needed life line in this difficult time. You are such a blessing to us, truly a godsend. God bless you!!
“Hi, my name is Sara. I’m the grandmother of a real special baby. On October 6, 2014, my granddaughter was born and she was as perfect as God wanted her. We named her Analy. She brought us the gift of an angel by the name of Aracely. I am not sure who I should address this letter to, but I feel the need to say thank you to your wonderful organization. Pardon me that it has taken three months, but the pain and emotions that have been brought upon by the departure of Analy, I didn’t expect for them to be of such great magnitude. I would like to express the blessing that Aracely has been and continues to be. She has helped us recognize the gift of time and the beautiful anticipation of getting to know Analy. All of her details helped create memories. She even brought us a birthday cake so we could sing Analy “Happy Birthday” when she was born. We are poor, humble and uneducated, but Aracely never treated us as such. She has always and continued to make us feel very special. Thank you.”