- 2013 Walk News
- 2014 Walk News
- 2015 Walk News
- Birth Stories
- For Mothers and Fathers
- Forever Footprints Events
- Forever Footprints News
- Forever Footprints Programs
- IE Walk to Remember
- Journey to Remember and Paloma Comfort Care
- OC Walk to Remember
- Parent Stories
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness
- Support Resources
- Why I Walk to Remember
When Forever Footprints learned that many families left the hospital with empty arms, we vowed to change that. For many years, we have distributed memory boxes into the community, so families who have experienced pregnancy loss or infant death have treasured memories of their baby. And while we are so proud of the boxes, we had a dream of providing ones that were larger and sturdier.
Thanks to the generosity of the Brady family, in honor of their son Jayden, the dream became a reality. Because of their support, 200 boxes will be given to families. In addition to sturdier boxes, we are also able to include teddy bears, blankets, hats, keepsake magnet frames, and support information in English and Spanish.
Many thanks to all our volunteers who donated their time to assemble boxes at our Forever Footprints office.
It is our hope to provide even more boxes to grieving families. You can sponsor a box for $25 by clicking here.
Forever Footprints Executive Director Position
Forever Footprints ensures that families who have suffered a pregnancy or infant loss receive the best support, comfort, and resources possible. To do so, Forever Footprints provides families with direct services, educates the medical community to improve quality of care and response, and offers opportunities for remembrance to help families find their own path to healing.
Responsible to: Board of Directors
Function: Serves as the Executive Director of the organization with responsibilities and duties as listed in this job description and as assigned by the Board of Directors.
• Develop and manage the fundraising and financial strategies of the organization.
• With the board of directors, establish short and long term goals via a strategic plan.
• Prepare the annual budget and present to the board of directors.
• Meet or exceed individual revenue goals, set annually by the board of directors, and ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
• Maintain and build relationships with individual donors.
• Manage and seek grant opportunities.
• Maintain and build relationships with corporate and family sponsors for yearly events, and produce new sponsors.
• Recruit and motivate volunteers.
• Develop and implement social media strategies and marketing plans.
• Develop effective working relationships within the medical community.
• Represent the organization at community events, seminars, speaking engagements, etc.
• Oversee event management team and contribute to producing 2-3 events per year.
• Develop, implement and supervise programs and services that are consistent with the organization’s mission.
• Follow all organization financial procedures, and maintain all financial tracking.
• Perform all duties associated with running and operating our Orange, California, office location.
• Submit monthly director reports to the board of directors.
• Produce an annual report.
• Provide resources to families who have experienced pregnancy loss or infant death.
• Work to strengthen and build the organization, while maintaining focus on the organization’s mission and purpose.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Strong record in fundraising.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience working in a nonprofit organization in a management position.
Demonstrate leadership and ability to work with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
Proficient in Quickbooks, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, WordPress.
Success in building and working with a Board of Directors.
Experience in Event Management a plus.
Experience working with the medical community a plus.
Dependent on experience.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume/CV and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be successful in this position and your salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Forever Footprints Compassion Award is given to an individual or individuals in recognition of their contribution to the pregnancy and infant loss community. Each year, support group leaders, doctors, nurses, parents, volunteers or other individuals who have made an impact in the lives of parents and families who have suffered a pregnancy or infant loss are nominated for this award.
Congratulations to our 2016 Compassion Award nominees:
Rene Ray De La Cruz
Dr. Donald Henderson
Congratulations to our 2016 Compassion Award recipient:
Ciara has been nominated for the award for three consecutive years. Ciara has been an active Forever Footprints board member for three years, where she organized the Golf to Remember and Night to Remember events. She has also taken a large role this year in planning the OC Walk to Remember. Ciara’s dedication has resulted in thousands of dollars in fundraising and sponsorship for Forever Footprints, which benefits all of the families Forever Footprints serves. In addition to her dedication to Forever Footprints, she is an example of strength, love, and dedication to pregnancy and infant loss.
This quote is from Nancy, who nominated Ciara: “Ciara epitomizes true compassion, as she has literally walked beside me in the aftermath of losing my firstborn son Noah. Ciara is truly a loving Mother and caring friend, who inspires me with how she has transformed her grief from losing her sweet Colton into helping others through her active involvement with Forever Footprints. I can think of no one who is more deserving than Ciara to win this award.”
We congratulate all of our nominees and our recipient. We are grateful for all you do.